Monday, October 11, 2004

first blog back

Training has finished.
Commissioning has come and gone.
The time for going to scotland is on its way...

and i have the internet again.

what have i learnt over the last 7 weeks?

A lot.

what can i say here? - I'm not sure, I'm still pretty braindead. :-)

but I want to say a couple of things.

Commissioning is a big thing in the YFC world. Its a day when all the creative arts teams perform infront of family, friends, staff workers, and perspective missions organiser who might want to hire us.
Its high pressure, and a lot of fun.

The whole day went really well, and i was so proud of my band. They were great, they performed to a really high standard. and actually I felt much more proud than I thought I would. It seems they mean a lot to me! already and I've only known them 7 weeks -
thats one thing that has happened. I love my band. They are not a collection of people, they are my band. And I love them :-) Can't wait to get started working up in Crieff with them. Even if they might drive me mad, or i might drive them mad.

For commissioning some of my friends and family came up. And that meant so much to me - again much more than i thought it would do. These events have normally not meant a huge amount to me - its just a day.
and it was just a day,
but I felt so blessed that my friends came up - i mean really blessed. I am so thankful to Jesus that i have such friends.

Friends are so important.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home