Tuesday, August 10, 2004

protect your ears.

about 4 and a half years ago while i was at Nexus (Academy of music ministry) my brother bought me hearing protection - custom moulded ear plugs, which cut all noise by 15db, which is a fair amount. He did it cause i was always playing drums... and he knows what its like to be deaf.
So i have worn them more and more over the years, till now i don't play drums with out ear protection. In fact i had a bad experience at a Vandels gig where i was too close to the speakers and hurt one of my ears badly through stuff being too loud.

I went to get new ear plugs today (your ears change shape over the years... and mine were beginning to crack) and while i was there the guy gave me a hearing test.

My ears are not good - one of my ears are bad through ear infections as a kid, but the other one now has pernament hearing damage, and thats with me always wearing ear protection - so... if you are a musicain and you play near a drummer... get hearing protection - music is so beautiful that you don't ever want to not hear it.... and much more than that - imagine you're a grandfather (or mother...) and you can't hear your granddaughters laugh. 150 pounds is not a lot of money to protect your ears.
do it.
do it now.
book an appointment - Jesus only gave you two ears, protect them. please!

todays been pretty long, but i think i've got quite a bit done...
Jesus is good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home