Monday, August 30, 2004

My first week

I have finished my first week working for YFC as leader of the band kurios.

and what a week it has been.
It has been a good, interesting and hard week.

The week's purpose was to meet the teams, begin to bond, learn how to play the songs, individually, and as a band.

The week actually felt very natural. being there i mean.
It felt natural to have a team and to lead it.

It was a week of having to learn things, and fast.
It is different (obviously) to bond with a team as a leader than it is as a friend.
In some ways that felt natural too, but in other ways it was very hard.

As the week went on I felt very lonely, I didn't have any one there to share the experience with, to chat about the team to, to unwind with.

I had R and M there - as fellow leader, and boss, and they were very helpful and encouraging, a blessing to have there. R was great and i learnt a lot from her, she has had so much experience doing music/band training, and leading it was good to watch.
R and I have very different ways of doing things, which is a positive thing. As long as there is a lot of communication.

Communication. Communication. Communication.

The answer to most problems.

So simple, and yet actually so hard. But so good when it works. When people communicate, people get to know each others hearts, to understand where the other person is coming from, and that is always good. You might not agree with each other, but thats not always the point. We as humans will never totally agree - I mean totally agree on every point, every value, every idea, every way of doing things - with another human being. Again thats not the point of communication, or even relationships. But it is about sharing hearts, ideas, experiences, emotions, worries, pleasures, excitments - and learning and growing.

sounds dramatic.... not meant to. Just was thinking.

Through out the week it was amazing to see how the teams began to get to know each other, and were willing to accept each other, and to get their heads down and to learn the music. In just 4/5 days the two bands were sounds good. It was exciting.

One of my favorite moments was when I got to tell the guys who was going to scotland - and then we could begin to work at being a team - I found it very very hard not knowing who my team was for the first couple of days.

After practicing for a whole day we stopped and started to worship. That was such a good moment. Summing up everything we were working for through out that day, and will be working for through out the next year, and after.

It is for Jesus that I am doing this job, and it is through Jesus I am able to do this job.
Only for Him. Only through Him.

I have had to spend time on my kness just to get strength from Jesus - time just spent calling on Jesus.

And actually that is the most productive thing as a leader I can do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home