Thursday, September 23, 2004

time to be changed

I have had so much stuff over the last few weeks to blog about which i haven't had time to. I have found this pretty gutting.

Last friday we (Kurios) performed at a gig at the end of a three day mission in Worcester.

It was awsome.

As I was sitting listening to Naomi (One of YFC's new evangelists) I had this sudden realisation of just how much Jesus is going to change me this year. For the better.

There is so much stuff that needs to be changed in me. So much stuff that i have been praying about for ages,
and so much stuff that I don't know about yet.

Jesus has given me this job... and I can't do it. But I will. Because he's asked me to do it, He will provided me the strength.

Some one text me to read psalm 18.

I love you, Oh Lord, my strength.

I'm beginning to really learn some of this. I've had to learn this before through some really hard experiences, but this feels different.

Through out my life it seems I've been stripped of different things I've relied on.

this time I feel stripped of having close friends close to me. and I feel stripped of knowing whats going on, knowing what to do next, knowing the right way of doing something, and having some one else responsible for whats going on.

I don't have any of that at the moment.

I have to totally totally rely on Jesus at the moment.

I have also been stripped of my space.
of space to read books, or go on the internet. or phone people or even text people.

I'm responsable for a band, for the music, for their sanity, for the walk with Jesus (some of) and for how good we are in schools.

Its been a time of having to step up.

and it will continue to be a time of daily stepping up.

in to a role that feels too big.

and I praise Jesus that he fills up all the space, that he's being my strength.

i'm rambling. I'm sleepy.

The simple things i was going to say is,
that Jesus is going to change me a lot this year.
and thats exciting and scary.
it is good.

2 Comments:

Blogger John said...

Sound challenging, jeff, but i adire your passion and faith just for putting yourself out there. keep it up and God will really change and challenge you, just remeber in time of hardship "foot prints in the snad"

but godbless still praying for you and your band

4:53 PM  
Blogger Jude said...

C'mon!!! and may many step up in your footsteps
Bless you

10:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home