Monday, October 11, 2004

Art

Quite a while ago now I found out that one of my beautiful friends could do art.
Not a huge discovery you might think. But it was.

She was good at art. But she didn't really do much any more.

I love art, but I don't really know much about it - but i do know that some times a picture can capture an emotion, or a fact in a way that sometimes words or music can't.

I was going through some stuff, and hope was a very important word to me. and I wanted to see hope.

So i asked her to draw me hope.

she did.

and she drew such a powerful piece of art.
It is a picture of someone kneeling down and hugging the foot of the cross.

it has spoken to me loads. Loads and loads. over and over again. And it has spoken to so many other people. People keep seeing the image in my bible and asking for a copy because its so true. and so powerful.

hope - to kneel at the foot of the cross.

hope - only comes from knowing that Jesus died and ROSE from the dead.

I then asked her to draw me the glory of God, and she did. And that too remains in my bible.

One night as i was thinking in bed about the idea of this job, and the end of my degree I was thinking about trust in Jesus.

I had to trust in Jesus for my future - but that felt hard. I couldn't see where i was going, and if i went, and Jesus didnt bless me, or go with me or turn up, i was dead.

i was thinking about this, and couldn't get my head around it.
So I text my friend and asked her to draw me "having to totally rely on Jesus/trusting Jesus".

On saturday after the commission my beautiful friend gave me a framed picture.
The picture is of God's hand, and a person stepping blindfolded of one finger - and there being another finger there - but the person can't see it.

I can not explain or discribe how powerful this image is to me - or how it encapsulate exactly what i was thinking.

It is beautiful.

when I told her how amazing I thought it was she said
"thats because Jesus is amazing. He knows you better than anyone so when i sat down and said 'Jesus what can i draw?' he said 'draw this' and showed me. so i can't take any credit for it"

wow.

which is why the art is so amazing. That is a beautiful heart and attitude.

but....

its not quite correct. :-)
Jesus is amazing.
He does know me better that any one.
He did say "draw this" and show her.

But...
it took a person who loves Jesus enough to spend time with him, so she could hear his voice, and understand what was being said.
It took a person who's heart is big enough to care enough to draw it
It takes a person who has spent enough time practicing drawing to be at that level of expertise.
It takes a person who is willing to try, a person who is willing to try their best - who is willing to possibly fail, a person who is willing to share their heart - because thats what music and art etc is all about.

I agree that Jesus should take all the credit - because he made some one so wonderful - but they still had the choice not to do any of the above.
so....
Yes to Jesus be the glory.
but I want to publicly say thank you that my friend drew this wonderful piece of art.

it is very special.

and in my eyes the credit goes to her and to Jesus. and I don't think thats wrong.
so Thank you.

erm... so there.

music/art/dance/work is so special - they are all ways in which we can touch other people lives in such a profound way. but it does take time - and practice, and failing many times first, and perserverance, and more than all of those, spending time with Jesus so you can hear that promting. That guidance.

creativity.... in my personal opion starts with Jesus - even for those people who don't know him

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank YOU.

11:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home