Saturday, August 07, 2004

A degree and a visit to scotland

It has been a busy week this week.

I went to Scotland and visited Crieff, the place I will be working next year.
It is so beautiful, very beautiful. Kurios will be working with a group called Logos, who work with youth in schools and have a cafe which is open most lunch times and in the winter most evenings.
The head of Logos is very cool, I am looking forward to working with/under him, i wil learn so much from him. We chatted with him more about what the plan for Kurios is, and about lines of communitcation etc. Was very very useful.
Seeing Crieff was good, got to wander round for a little while, and i saw both the schools, there is such a difference between the two.

The trip has made me really excited, and quite scared, but Chris (head of logos) will teach me... i hope :-)
I also got to meet the team at YFC Scotland, who are lovely. Loads of exciting things seem to be happening in scotland, looking forward to being able to get involved!
Training starts in two weeks!! way to close, as totally not ready

Hanging out with Mel was good too, good to get to know her a bit better.

When i got back from Scotland, an envelope was waiting for me.... and it was my degree results,
i got a 2.1! I'm so happy :-) Jesus is good to me.
When i got my last set of results the head of my course said so you'll need to work hard and get a 2.2. So i did work hard... and so pleased with a 2.1 is unbelievable. :-) I have a degree! Jesus is so good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home