Wednesday, November 03, 2004

some hard lessons to learn

Today I learnt somethings the hard way.
I left to go to the after school club at Logos, and ended

up having to go back home, and then i set out again. But

this time was a bit late.
So i drove a bit quicker (60mph), was just slowing down to

go round a corner at the top of a hill(45mph) when i saw

another car coming the other way.
I had a simple choice.

1) To try and break and hope that we wouldn't hit too hard

and that all the air bags would work.

2) to try and go round the car (and stop) and hope that

ROy (the boss of the person who is the boss of my boss)

didn't mean what he said about bashing me up if i hurt the

car.

I tried to go around.
and missed the other car (who was in the middle of the

road....)

and ended up grounded with the left side of the car in a

ditch.

We thanked Jesus that we were still alive, and I got out

and went to see the other person, who had stopped but

hadn't got out to see how we were.
I found out it was an old lady, who was in shock at the

close call.

If i had hit her, even very slightly she would prob be

dead.

Our car was well and truly stuck. But through some miricle

looked to be all in one piece.

and I mean a miricle. We had slid - with the center of the

car being grounded, for about 20 feet.

And Praise Jesus that we didn't panic.

It was quite fun as a team pulling the car out of the

ditch with the van - but in a lot of ways thats just

looking for a silver lining.

to be honest the thought that i could be fired did go

through my mind.
The thought of what was i doing, did too.
The thought of I am an idiot was there as well


Was i being reckless?

No i don't think so, i could have done the corner slower

but it actually wasn't that fast.

was i tired so reacted slower?

Yes i think so. I think the last few weeks have made me

exhausted.


so what have i learnt.

1) i was late. so what... trying to make my self less late

meant that i missed it and have suffered from shock for

the evening.

2) that stuff is just stuff. we got out of the car and

were so thankful that we were alive that actually for a

while we didn't really think about the car.

3) the working together as a team we got the car out of

the ditch

4) that to a local farmer his cows were more important...

he said he'd come back and help after feeding his cows :-)

5) that i NEED time off - proper time off, time to rest,

flying to weddings doesn't count.... I NEED time to sleep.
To lead a team i need to be rested and not stressed.

6) That Jesus is gracious to me, so gracious. the car

should have been damaged beyound repair. and its not.




I text my mum to pray for me... and she sent back psalm

40v2

never has that verse meant so much to me.
and he really did.

now its time for me to learn some other lessons...

how to look after money...
how to look after time...
how to look after myself...
how to look after my team...

another day. another week, another month, another year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home