Saturday, November 20, 2004

salvation and strength

Over the last few weeks i've found myself getting more and more busy,
and working more and more hours, and getting tireder and tireder.

which is wrong.

it has got to the point when i have felt over this last week totally run down and empty. with nothing to give. and no time to give, or even to refresh.

even my heart has felt empty, when i have come to Jesus, i have nothing to say, or think to him. even prayer has felt empty when i've actually come to pray.

So i've been asking Jesus to give me strength, and wisdom, to get on top of all the work and sorting things out.

and Jesus has kept bringing me back to these verses:-

Isaiah 30v15
This is what the Sovereign LORD , the Holy One of Israel, says:
"In repentance and rest is your salvation, in quietness and trust is your strength,
but you would have none of it. "

and

Lamentations 3v25+26
The LORD is good to those whose hope is in him,
to the one who seeks him;
it is good to wait quietly
for the salvation of the LORD .

So obvious, and verse I know, and love.
but i had forgotten to practice them. just 1 month ago i was, i would have to spend so much time with Jesus (well what time i had to relax was all spent making sure my strength came from him) and now i feel dead. - i had forgotten to spend the time needed on my knees.

and my gracious Jesus has brought me back to this point. Again.

in repentance and rest - salvation
in quietness and trust - strength

hope in Jesus and wait for him - thats a good thing to do.

a wise thing to do. and for me a vital thing to do.

and a hard thing to do.

This morning Jesus gave me another verse to think about :-

Jeremiah 15v19
Therefore this is what the Lord says:
"If you repent, I will restore you that you may serve me;
if you utter worthy, not worthless, words, you will be my spokesman."


Repentance.
Rest.
Quietness.
Trust.
worthy words.

another lesson to learn. again and again.

Praise Jesus that this is a journey and these lessons are not rules.
Praise Jesus that he left us his Holy Spirit to remind us :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home