Sunday, March 13, 2005

competitiveness

I spent my evening with a couple from church, Chris and Louise, and stewart...

we ate and chatted, and then played trival pursuits.
It was so interesting watching different peoples styles of playing.

Some people play to win. They have to win.

I couldn't find it any where in me to want to win, or to even pretend to want to win.
Got me thinking about being competitive.
I've never really been competitive about any thing, or i suppose on the surface.
I don't care if i lose at games (apart from Bond... but since being in kurios i've pretty much lost most games), but I do care if I don't reach the standards I set in drumming, in leading, in self control, in life.

Actually I am very competitive, just not against other people.
I will fight to improve things, I will fight for a belief or cause, I will fight against things that are wrong - and i will fight hard. I will not want to lose.
If one of my friends or family were in danger, I would fight. To win their safety.

but still i can't bring it up in myself to want to win trival pursuits....
oh well - prob a good thing as I have no general knowledge....

1 Comments:

Blogger Bob Twells said...

I wouldn't worry, after all it is trivial! hee hee!

10:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home