Saturday, February 26, 2005

Van part 3

Driving the van is actually quite fun, but it does struggle up hills.
My driving style means that i like to keep a constant speed whether on the flat or going up a hill ( i quite like getting that bit faster on down hills though). But it made me think,

Once, quite a while ago now, i was on a bike ride with a friend of mine. He was a lot faster cycler than i was, but when riding, if i got to a hill i pedaled faster so that i didn't slow down - which makes for a very tiring ride.
My friend commented on this fact when we got back home. "You always seem to keep up the pace, even when going up hills"

As i was thinking about that story, I started realising something about the way i live my life.

I have never given myself any excuses for slowing down.
If i get short with someone, I don't think being tired is an execptable excues.
If i have a lot of work on, I don't think that show slow down me meeting people
If i'm ill, I still think i should be able to work
When i was depressed and on medication, I didn't think that was execptable excuse to do less, and listen to less people.

I think i need to address this. I'm not sure its a right thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home