Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Angela Griffins work out

At the start of this year (academic) one of my goals was to try and start getting a bit fitter... it hasn't really happened. I've been too busy - and too bad with my boundaries to make it happen. Its something i want to do, but obviously i don't want to do it enough to actually make it happen.
I was challenged about this when i read some old entries in my journal, and i prayed one of those dangerous prayers.
I asked God to give me opportunities to get fit. Since then I've had to run to get to shops before they've shut, I've had to unpack and pack lots of vans. I've had to jump to encourage young people to jump... and Caroline bought Angela Griffins work out video...

Its got five sections...
a warm up
a pop section
a hiphop section
a salsa section
and a warm down section

so... we've started doing it.. time seems to fly pretty quick, but its about an hour long i think, and its basically doing some simple dance routines.
I say simple... but I can't quite manage them yet.
It has nothing to do with pop, hiphop or salsa, but it is fun.
and painful
The warm down section just hurts. like being hit a lot in the stomach :-)

we've only done it twice, but after my first time, I made it compulsery for everyone to do it tonight (apart from paul who has a hernia).

its so much fun!!!
so please keep me to it. I want to get a bit fitter :-)

does any one have any idea who Angela Griffin is? - its quite funny, but she's not great at it, I like the fact that she is on it as well as her trainer... cause she makes me feel better when i don't quite get how to do it!!!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would pay for a video of you guys doing that.

Still praying for you guys, hope everything is going well.

Hopefull see you randomly.

11:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Angela Griffin - didn't she used to be a hairdresser in Corrie?

We user to do the Patsy Palmer one, that was painful!

Lesley

12:35 PM  
Blogger Jude said...

ha ha ha ha ha ha aha ...
I reallty should be more encouraging but that is just hilarious!! Please go and hunt something before I think you have turned into a girl!

10:03 AM  
Blogger Kate John said...

You want pain?
You want a seriously good laugh at a bunch of people in bright lycra and leg warmers?
Try Jane Fonda's Advanced Workout 1988.
I promise its harder work than whatever one you've got!
Plus you have to sing this dreadful song along with a woman called mindy or something during the aerobics...

2:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home