Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Encouragement

Last sunday night (27th feb) Kurios led the baptist churches service again.
Its amazing that the pastor has that much trust in us to hand over all control to us like that. Its a privilage.
The service went well, ie we led the congregation in worship and prayer and paul challenged and encouraged them through romans 14.

The congragation were very encouraging.

but for me a lady came up to me and said something that really really touched me.

She's between 60 and 80 (I'm not good at working out peoples ages).
She came up to me and said something a long the lines of...

I really have a problem with the drums. Pastor Richard has often talked about possibly bringing in the drums one in to crieff baptist church, and i always declared that when they come in, I would go out.
I came to your last service just to support you, because i believe in the work you are doing. And i came out of the service touched.
For a long time, its not just the fact that drums are loud, and that its not my type of music, but drums really seem to stir up something primitive in me. It makes me want to scream and run. to get out of the building.
FOr some reason i was able to stay in the last service. SO i dared to come again tonight.
Again I was really able to worship God, even when the music (and the drums) got louder I was able to worship, more and more.
I don't know what it is, may be its the way you play, but i think God has done something in me, so the next time Pastor Richard talks about getting drums in the church, I will listen.


Isn't that just amazing! Jesus was so kind to this lady. She was actually scared of the drums, but she still came to support us, and now Jesus has done something in her so she could enjoy herself worshipping with us.

I am so touched by that lady's honesty.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home