Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Some more broken pride.

I have read for most of my life the NIV version of the bible - to which many of you will be able to testify - and I have not so secretly shunned many versions. Including the message and the CEV.

While leading Kurios different members of the band have used all sorts of versions, and its become a bit of a joke about my thoughts about the message. But i have been brought down. I have recently found both the CEV and the Message so refreshing. Whereas i used to find that fact that i couldn't even believe they were the same verses being recounted, i have now found that to bring the bible back to life for me. It's like going to a place with which you've been so familiar, and totally rediscovering the magic, and excitment.

So, sorry to anyone who has felt the scorn in my voice about the Message.
I was wrong. very wrong. Its amazing.

ps. I think i still believe the NIV is a more accurate translation of the words, but that the message still accurately translates the truth....

2 Comments:

Blogger Jude said...

This is the most geeky thing I;ve ever commented BUT the Message isn't a "version". Its blatantly a paraphrase, and so will be more refreshing to read.. even though its hugely American late 20th century..

9:51 AM  
Blogger Neil O'Hara said...

Yes, sooooooo last century!

7:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home